Psychiatry & Counselling at Lotus Diagnostic Centre
Psychiatry is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of persons affected with mental health issues and psychiatric illnesses. Our consultants make exhaustive mental health assessments and recommend treatments working with psychiatrists and other domain experts to ensure cure/ management of the condition.
Why Choose Lotus?
We at Lotus have endeavoured to fill in the void that exists in the care and treatment of people with mental health issues. Psychiatry department in Lotus provides mental health care to patients with functional illnesses and patients with co-morbid mental health conditions. The team of qualified Psychiatrists provide evidence-based practice by way of thorough assessment and efficient patient-centred management plans.
Psychiatric Services We Offer
- Detailed assessment and treatment plans in the outpatient clinics for psychiatric illnesses: This can be for the first presentation or as a second opinion for an ongoing treatment.
- Assessment of outpatients for psychiatric symptoms like apathy, low mood, amotivation, aggression, unsettled behaviour, anxiety and other neuropsychiatric symptoms.
- Memory Clinic: Cognitive impairment is common in elderly. Memory Clinic offers comprehensive evaluation of cognitive functioning in elderly and helps identify individuals who are at risk of developing Dementia. The usefulness of identifying dementia is to take steps to delay the progression and thereby promote healthy ageing. We also have healthy brain ageing strategies for elderly who are interested.
- Sleep Hygiene
- Deaddiction services and Substance misuse therapy – consultation for people with alcohol, tobacco, cannabis and other substance harmful use and dependency. We offer outpatient assessment, therapy and counselling.
- Women’s Mental Health Services which includeassessment of pre and post-partum depression, counselling for infertility, peri-menopausal and post-menopausal counselling, etc.
- Child Guidance Clinic and Adolescent Counselling
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Counselling for a range of mental health issues like anxiety, depression, etc.
- Counselling in special cases like bereavement, cancer, etc.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Cognitive Analytical Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Couples counselling –Pre and Post Marital
- Couples Therapy
Our Psychiatry Specialists